Waterproof test equipment, also known as ip waterproof test equipment, rain test box, waterproof detector, waterproof test device and other names, simulates the process of natural rain. It is suitable for electronic and electrical equipment, outdoor lamps, lighting lamps, LED displays, household appliances and other products that need to be waterproof.
What do the 9 digits of the IP protection class test device represent?
The IP protection grade test device is the grade division of IP waterproof test equipment, which is named from low to high, and is divided into 1-9 different protection grades.
Ipx1 level means to prevent water dripping in the vertical direction; Ipx2 level means to prevent water dripping in the vertical direction when the housing is inclined at 15 °; Ipx3 indicates water protection, when the vertical surface of the shell is within 60 °; Ipx4 indicates anti splash water, splashing water in all directions of the shell; Ipx5 indicates water spray prevention, spraying water to all directions of the enclosure; Ipx6 indicates that it can prevent strong water spraying, and it can spray water strongly in all directions of the shell.
While ipx7/8 indicates the water immersion level, ipx7 indicates the short-term water immersion prevention; Level ipx8 refers to the protection against continuous flooding, which is described in the national standard GB/T4208: it is manufactured by the user and the manufacturer through negotiation (it should be more severe than Level 7); Grade ipx9 indicates that high temperature/high pressure water spray is prevented, and high temperature/high pressure water is sprayed from all directions of the shell. It should be noted that these water will not have harmful effects.
In fact, different devices have different functions for measurement certification. Here, two different types of devices are illustrated: IPx34 swing pipe water spray test equipment and IPx56 waterproof jet test device. First, IPx34 pendulum tube box, which generally requires certification of functional aperture, angle, water flow, width and box size. However, IPx56 forced flushing water tank generally requires certification for some standard requirements such as flow rate and nozzle diameter.
Why metrological certification? In fact, the certification of the equipment is to detect whether the equipment conforms to the national standard parameters of IP protection, and also to detect whether the product conforms to the standard requirements of the equipment. If the product has water leakage during or after the test under the test conditions of the standard parameters, it indicates that the test sample does not meet the requirements of the waterproof standard.
What should be paid attention to when purchasing waterproof test equipment?
1. If the manufacturer contacts you, first confirm whether it is a direct manufacturer. For some professional distributors, they can also choose the manufacturers to cooperate with.
2. The size of the waterproof test equipment shall be selected according to the size of the product. Of course, all waterproof equipment can be customized according to the test requirements of users.
3. Whether the function of waterproof equipment meets the test requirements of the product, such as its waterproof grade, water pressure, etc.
LISUN lauched JL-X waterproof test machine is according to IEC60529:1989 +A1:1999 +A2：2013 《Degrees of protection provided by enclosures(IP Code)》, IEC60598, IEC60335 and IEC 60034-5, GB/T-2423.2, GB4208, GB7000.1. The JL-X includes the following test grades: IPX1, IPX2, IPX3, IPX4, IPX5, IPX6, IPX7 and IPX8 (Refer to page 51 of IEC60529). It is widely used in the authentication test organization for the products such as electrical & electronic products, LED luminaires as well as in the relevant quality control department for the waterproof detection of the enclosures protection grades.
The whole JL-X waterproof test system includes:
• Drip Box (JL-12): The drip box is for IPX1 and IPX2 drip test. The drip box size is 800x800x75mm (LxWxH). The diameter of drip hole is 0.4mm. The distance between drip holes is 20mm. The sample can be over 150kg.
• Swing Pipe Water Spray Test Equipment (JL-34): It is for IPX3 and IPX4 waterproof test. The semi-diameter of swing pipe is 1meter (Any other size is also available). The inside diameter of the swing pipe is 15mm. The sample rotating table diameter is 1000mm (Or other size according to the diameter of the swing pipe), and the height is adjustable. The rotation speed is 1~5rpm which controlled by PLC panel.
• Waterproof Jet Test Device (JL-56): With water supply device size is 1000x1000x600mm, the nozzle diameter is ф6.3mm (IPX5 waterproof test ) and ф12.5mm (IPX6 waterproof test). The water speed is 12.5 ±0.626L/min for IPX55 and 100 ±5L/min for IPX6
• Immersion tank Waterproof test Device (JL-7): It is for IPX7 waterproof test. The water tank size is 1000x1000x1200mm (Other size can be designed according to your request). It can test samples up to 120kg.
• Immersion tank Waterproof test Device (JL-8): It is for IPX8 test. It can simulate a water depth of 0~50m. The water immersion tank diameter is 600mm and the height is 1200mm. The compressive stress is 10 atmospheres or design according to customer‘s request.
Lisun Instruments Limited was found by LISUN GROUP in 2003. LISUN quality system has been strictly certified by ISO9001:2015. As a CIE Membership, LISUN products are designed based on CIE, IEC and other international or national standards. All products passed CE certificate and authenticated by the third party lab.
Our main products are Goniophotometer, Integrating Sphere, Spectroradiometer, Surge Generator, ESD Simulator Guns, EMI Receiver, EMC Test Equipment, Electrical Safety Tester, Environmental Chamber, Temperature Chamber, Climate Chamber, Thermal Chamber, Salt Spray Test, Dust Test Chamber, Waterproof Test, RoHS Test (EDXRF), Glow Wire Test and Needle Flame Test.JL-X